This sculpture was made in 1970 by Aart Rietbroek jr. (1929-1985) for the newly built forestry testing station De Dorschkamp in Wageningen. The artist was commissioned to create a decorative piece in line with the 1% scheme. When commissioned, the chief government architect gave instructions on how to treat the Javanese teak. Unfortunately, at the mercy of the elements, this protective layer has largely eroded, leaving the wood in a poor state. The statue has since been restored and can now be admired on the north side of Lumen, behind the pond.
More info at: WUR Image Collections