This imposing sculpture carved from light limestone once adorned the IMAG building on Mansholtlaan (Institute for Mechanisation, Labour and Buildings). Following the demolition of the building, the gable stone was placed atop a low concrete plinth on the west side of Wageningen Campus, on a green lawn with other sculptures from the university collection, to the west of the Helix building. A ploughshare rises up to the left, the figure of a man faces out on the right, and the middle is dominated by gears and other technical attributes. Perhaps Willem Reijers (1910-1958) intended to highlight the human and technical side of farming.
More info at: WUR Image Collections